Thursday, February 13, 2014

Crawling to the top.

Freshly released, is v6.10 of The Little Crane That Could for linux/64bit [update: and win64]. You can get it at bram.itch.io.

It comes with a tracked vehicle and a hill climbing level. You can see it in action on YouTube (although the game at 60fps looks much better than YouTube's 30fps can do it justice.

iOS and Android releases will follow soon. I was pleasantly surprised by iPhone5S which can easily do this simulation at 60fps. My iPad3 struggles to get 30fps though. I guess the iPad3 CPU is not all that great.

9 comments:

  1. Will an update appear on Ubuntu Software Center?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evandro, I just uploaded it to developer.ubuntu.com for review.
      I was planning on skipping it, but thank you for making me do the right thing.

      Delete
    2. Not impressed with Ubuntu's response time. Update has been waiting to go live for 17 days no, now word from Ubuntu whatsoever.

      Delete
    3. Evandro, Ubuntu is not picking up my updated build. It just sits there in their queue. If you send me an email, I will send you a copy of the game.

      Delete
  2. Im still loving this for the Iphone. I saw that you were thinking of TLCTC2 was that a joke are will we see that some time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My new years resolution was to publish it in 2014. Progress has slowed down considerably, but I do intend to publish TLCTC2 at some point.
      More info here: http://thelittleengineerthatcould.blogspot.ca/2013/10/digging-it.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply. I watched the video and it looks great. I hope progress picks up on it and to see more great games soon.

      Delete
  3. One more thing. I downloaded the game for PC so I could play with a gamepad/joystick and was wondering if there was anyway to switch up the controls. Thanks. Keep making these great games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, currently there is no custom gamepad mapping available. On Android/iOS there is an option to invert the levers, which currently the win64 build cannot do. It may get that option later as well possibly.

      Delete